Follow these top tips from Autoglym for a cleaner car – both inside and out
Follow these 10 tips to ensure your car stays in showroom condition:
1. Clean, polish and protect – in that order.
2. Do not use household products to clean your car.
3. Give yourself time. It is always best to work on your car out of direct sunlight. The products will not dry out and you can do the job properly.
4. Avoid washing your car on a gravel drive when using a high power hose or pressure washer.
5. When cleaning your wheels, work on one at a time, ensuring it is cool to the touch. Apply the cleaner from the bottom up to avoid run marks.
6. When cleaning the bodywork rinse thoroughly to remove loose dirt. Always wash from the cleanest area to the dirtiest, usually top to bottom.
7. Do not apply silicone based products to your pedals or steering wheel as it can make them slippery. Just give them a good clean.
Find Out More
Dishwashing detergent is safe to use on your car.
Remember all those commercials about how dishwashing detergent ‘fights grease’ and ‘eliminates streaks’? As appealing as it may sound to use that on your car, consider it a huge no-no if you ever want to get that showroom SHEEN again. Dishwashing detergent is meant to remove everything from surfaces- including stripping polymers off the paint surface. By using dishwashing detergent on your car, you’re accelerating the oxidation process. It’s always best to use a dedicated car-wash product, which is milder and specifically designed for use on automotive paint.
Washing and cleaning are the same.
Car washes are one of the greatest inventions of our time. How easy it is to pay $10 to have your car gleaming and sparking on a sunny day? However, it’s important to note the difference between washing and cleaning. Car washes focus on the exterior of the car and remove any dust and debris that has built-up. It’s a great way to maintain the wax and paint finishes on your car by removing anything that could damage it without being overly time consuming. On the other hand, car cleanings are more detailed, take more time to complete and are recommended to be done at least a few times a year. Whether you do it yourself or go to a car detailer, car cleanings primarily tackle the inside of your vehicle as well as any stubborn stains and blemishes that occasional car washes can’t clean on the exterior. You won’t get sparkling chrome rims from that touch-less car wash you frequent- you need to put in the elbow grease, my friend!
Beside doing the regular maintenance of your vehicles, keeping your vehicle clean is also an essential step you should not overlook. Cleaning the car by yourself can be fun especially it can save your money; therefore, using car wash mitt is a need to do the cleaning process. Car wash mitt can be used either for interior clean or the outer clean. For the interior clean, you can also help to save the environment by stop using the paper towel to clean dust.
You should have a look and consider the below listed top 10 best car wash mitts in 2015 for your car.
10. RouteGurus, MicroCareful-Premium Car Wash Mitt
MicroCareful washing mitt is double sided stitching, made from highest quality material, which can effectively protect your vehicles from scratching. The MicroCareful washing mitt glove is very sturdy with its elastic wrist band and the large mitt giving a good coverage can quickly remove all smudges and dirt from your vehicles such as car, boat, truck, bike, moped, etc. It comes with a free dry towel and ventilated zipper bag.
9. Alaska Bear, Chenille Car Wash Mitt Microfiber
Alaska wash mitt provides two different surfaces with two-purpose usage, one side is for scrubbing and another one is washing. The elastic band on the wrist is tight enough to wear with slip off your hand.